Requesting entry into Inquiry for the Sacrament of Confirmation at Queen of Peace
Students who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation begin the preparation process by entering into the program through Inquiry. Students who have reached the 9th grade may request entrance into Inquiry during the month of October or January. Bishop Sirba typically visits the parish in the fall to celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation. In order to be prepared to receive Confirmation in the fall of their Senior year students must be accepted into Inquiry in October of their Junior year. Entering and completing the Inquiry process is the first and necessary step for a student to receive Confirmation. Students who would like to enter Inquiry will submit a written request to the Fr. Fish through email (email@example.com) or by submitting the request to the parish office. Fr. Fish will then contact the student to set up a meeting with the students and his or her parents where they will discuss their readiness for the program. Students will be accepted into Inquiry if the following 4 markers are evident in their lives.
1) Students will show a desire to ask real questions and learn about the faith.
2) Students will be willing to complete the steps to Confirmation.
3) Students will be willing to practice their faith outside of Wednesday night program (i.e. attend Mass weekly/daily, Christian service, daily prayer)
4) Students will be willing to meet with the pastor, youth minister, youth leader or sponsor, to discuss their spiritual walk on a more regular basis.
The written request for Inquiry should include the following information:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- School you attend
- Place and date of baptism
- Street Address
- Email address
- Phone number
- A brief statement explaining why you would like to begin the preparation process for Confirmation and why you feel you are ready to begin the process.
- What aspects/teachings of the Catholic faith are the most interesting or meaningful to you?
- What teachings would you like to learn more about?
- Describe your Mass attendance. How often do you attend Mass? Who do you attend with?
- Confirmation strengthens us to spread and defend the faith by word and example. How are you currently spreading and defending the faith?
- Describe how your personal relationship with the Lord is fostered through your prayer life. What are your routines and practices when it comes to prayer.
- How do you support the material needs of the Church?
- Any other thoughts or comments you would like to add relating to Confirmation and the preparation process.
Other requirements for receiving Confirmation:
Completion of a Confirmation Retreat