Requesting entry into Inquiry in order to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at Queen of Peace in fall of 2022
Students who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation begin the preparation process by entering into the Inquiry Program. Students who have reached the 9th grade and have made their First Communion may request entrance into Inquiry by to receive Confirmation in the fall of 2022. In order to receive Confirmation before graduation, students must be received into the inquiry program in the fall of their junior year. Students who would like to enter Inquiry will submit a written request to the Fr. Nick through email ([email protected]) or by submitting the request to the parish office by October 31, 2021. Students will be accepted into Inquiry if they are prepared to do the following:
- Approach the Confirmation journey with an open mind and heart.
- Attend and fully participate in all Wednesday evening classes and belong to a discipleship group.
- Attend Mass every Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation monthly.
- Except more responsibility in their family, parish, and community.
- Commit to daily prayer, especially for growth in faith, hope and charity.
- Select a Sponsor who is a Confirmed Catholic, who has been Confirmed for at least 2 years and is age 18 or older.
Once a student is accepted into the Inquiry participation in the program will include:
- Attending a Diocesan sponsored Confirmation retreat. Information can be found at http://www.dioceseduluth.org/Confir
- Attending Wednesday evening faith formation and belonging to a discipleship group.
- Attend the additional 3 Confirmation meetings in the spring and 3 in the fall leading up to Confirmation.
- Meeting with your Sponsor.
- Writing a letter to the bishop requesting the Sacrament of Confirmation
The written request for Inquiry should include the following information:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- School you attend
- Place and date of baptism
- Street Address
- Email address
- Phone number
- A brief statement explaining why you would like to begin the preparation process for Confirmation and why you feel you are ready to begin the process.
Once your written request is submitted to Fr. Nick either through email or the parish office, you will attend the student and parent meeting, Sunday, November 7, 2021 following 10am Mass. Confirmation is the Sacrament that completes your initiation into the Catholic Church and strengthens you through the power of the Holy Spirit. This strength will help you to be a disciple in the world and to become a more active member of the Church. Please contact Fr. Nick if you have any questions or concerns.