Requesting entry into Inquiry for the Sacrament of Confirmation at Queen of Peace
Students who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation begin the preparation process by entering into the Inquiry Program.
Students who have reached the 9th grade and have made their First Communion may request entrance into Inquiry by September 30th to receive Confirmation in the fall of the following year. In order to be prepared to receive Confirmation in the fall of their senior year students must be accepted into Inquiry by September 30th of their junior year. Students who would like to enter Inquiry will submit a written request to the Fr. Fish through email ([email protected]) or by submitting the request to the parish office by September 30th. Fr. Fish will then contact the student to set up a meeting with the student and his or her parents during October where they will discuss their readiness for the program.
Students will be accepted into Inquiry if they are prepared to do the following:
- Approach the Confirmation journey with an open mind and heart.
- Attend and fully participate in all Confirmation classes and activities.
- Attend Mass every Sunday and Holy Days of Obligation. There should already be an established habit of Mass attendance before requesting acceptance into Inquiry.
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation before Confirmation Mass.
- Except more responsibility in my family, parish, and community.
- Commit to daily prayer, especially for growth in faith, hope and love.
- Select a Sponsor who is a Confirmed Catholic, who has been Confirmed for at least 2 years and is age 18 or older.
Once a student is accepted into the Inquiry participation in the program will include:
- Attending a Diocesan sponsored Confirmation retreat.
- Attending 7 Confirmation Preparation sessions with a parent or parents. These sessions will take place at 6:30-7;30 pm on the First Sunday of the month from November through May
- Meeting with your Sponsor
- Writing a letter to Bishop Sirba requesting the Sacrament of Confirmation
The written request for Inquiry should include the following information:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- School you attend
- Place and date of baptism
- Street Address
- Email address
- Phone number
- The full name of your sponsor and their relationship to you
- A brief statement explaining why you would like to begin the preparation process for Confirmation and why you feel you are ready to begin the process.
- What Confirmation retreat have you attended or are planning on attending? Are you registered for a retreat?
- What does it mean to be part of the Body of Christ?
- What gifts have you been given? How are you called to use those gifts to benefit others?
- Who are you called to be? What are you called to do with your life?
- What is the mission of the Church? What is your role in carrying it out?
Once your written request is submitted to Fr. Fish either through email or the parish office he will set up a meeting with you and a parent or parents during the month of October. Those accepted into inquiry will begin the Confirmation Preparation Sessions in November. Confirmation is the Sacrament that completes your initiation into the Catholic Church and strengthens you through the power of the Holy Spirit. This strength will help you to be a disciple in the world and to become a more active member of the Church. Please contact Fr. Fish if you have any questions or concerns.